Coombe Conduit is made up of two small Tudor buildings connected by an underground passage.Water was once supplied to Hampton Court Palace via this tunnel
Eltham Palace is a large house in Eltham, within the London Borough of Greenwich, South East London, England; it is currently owned by English Heritage and open to the public. It has been said the internally Art Deco house is a "masterpiece of modern design"
The Jewel Tower in London is one of only two surviving sections of the medieval royal Palace of Westminster, the other being Westminster Hall. It was built in approximately 1365 to house the treasures of Edward III and its alternative name was the "King’s Privy Wardrobe". It is a small three storey building constructed of stone, which stands across the road from the current Palace of Westminster, home of the British Parliament. It was located at the far southern end
Kenwood House (also known as the Iveagh Bequest) is a former stately home, in Hampstead, London, on the northern boundary of Hampstead Heath. It is managed by English Heritage
London Wall was the defensive wall first built by the Romans around Londinium, their strategically important port town on the River Thames in what is now the United Kingdom, and subsequently maintained until the 18th century. It is now the name of a road in the City of London running along part of the course of the wall. Until the later Middle Ages the wall defined the boundaries of the City of London
Marble Hill House is a Palladian villa on the River Thames in southwest London, situated halfway between Richmond and Twickenham. The architect was Roger Morris, who collaborated with Henry Herbert, Earl of Pembroke, one of the "architect earls", in adapting a more expansive design by Colen Campbell.
Marble Hill House was built in 1724-1729 for Henrietta Howard, Countess of Suffolk, the mistress of King George II. It is set in 66 acres (2.67 km²) of parkland, the Marble Hill
Ranger’s House is a villa adjacent to Greenwich Park in the south east of London. Since 2002 it has housed the Wernher Collection of art
Wellington Arch, also known as Constitution Arch or (originally) the Green Park Arch, is a triumphal arch located to the south of Hyde Park in central London and at the north western corner of Green Park (although it is now isolated on a traffic island between a modern road system which encircles this corner). The arch, and Marble Arch to the north of Hyde Park, were both planned in 1825 by George IV to commemorate Britain’s victories in the Napoleonic
Winchester Palace was a twelfth century palace, London residence of the Bishops of Winchester. It is located south of the River Thames in Southwark, near the medieval priory which today has become Southwark Cathedral. Southwark was the largest town in the old diocese of Winchester and the bishop was a major landowner in the area. He was also a power in the land (Winchester being the old Saxon capital), and regularly needed to be in London on royal or administrative
First built in 1138 by Henri de Blois, grandson of William the Conqueror, Bishop of Winchester, the castle was to become the home of the Bishops of Winchester for over 800 years. The original building was demolished by Henry II in 1155 after the Anarchy and then rebuilt in the late 12th and early 13th centuries. The castle was slighted again after the Civil War in 1648. Since then more buildings have been constructed in the castle’s grounds, the most