Coombe Conduit is made up of two small Tudor buildings connected by an underground passage.Water was once supplied to Hampton Court Palace via this tunnel
Eltham Palace is a large house in Eltham, within the London Borough of Greenwich, South East London, England; it is currently owned by English Heritage and open to the public. It has been said the internally Art Deco house is a "masterpiece of modern design"
The Jewel Tower in London is one of only two surviving sections of the medieval royal Palace of Westminster, the other being Westminster Hall. It was built in approximately 1365 to house the treasures of Edward III and its alternative name was the "King’s Privy Wardrobe". It is a small three storey building constructed of stone, which stands across the road from the current Palace of Westminster, home of the British Parliament. It was located at the far southern end of the palace complex, and was built into the palace’s defensive walls but was detached from the main buildings, which explains its survival of the great fire of 1834 which destroyed mos
Kenwood House (also known as the Iveagh Bequest) is a former stately home, in Hampstead, London, on the northern boundary of Hampstead Heath. It is managed by English Heritage
London Wall was the defensive wall first built by the Romans around Londinium, their strategically important port town on the River Thames in what is now the United Kingdom, and subsequently maintained until the 18th century. It is now the name of a road in the City of London running along part of the course of the wall. Until the later Middle Ages the wall defined the boundaries of the City of London
Marble Hill House is a Palladian villa on the River Thames in southwest London, situated halfway between Richmond and Twickenham. The architect was Roger Morris, who collaborated with Henry Herbert, Earl of Pembroke, one of the "architect earls", in adapting a more expansive design by Colen Campbell.
Marble Hill House was built in 1724-1729 for Henrietta Howard, Countess of Suffolk, the mistress of King George II. It is set in 66 acres (2.67 km²) of parkland, the Marble Hill Park. The Great Room has five architectural capricci by Giovanni Paolo Pannini and lavishly gilded decoration. The Marble Hill house also hosts a collection of early Georgian furniture and paintings as well as the Lazenby Bequest Chinoiser
Ranger’s House is a villa adjacent to Greenwich Park in the south east of London. Since 2002 it has housed the Wernher Collection of art
Wellington Arch, also known as Constitution Arch or (originally) the Green Park Arch, is a triumphal arch located to the south of Hyde Park in central London and at the north western corner of Green Park (although it is now isolated on a traffic island between a modern road system which encircles this corner). The arch, and Marble Arch to the north of Hyde Park, were both planned in 1825 by George IV to commemorate Britain’s victories in the Napoleonic Wars. The Wellington Arch was also conceived as an outer gateway to Constitution Hill and therefore a grand entrance into central London from the west. The presence of a turnpike gate at this point had led, in the eighteenth century, to a strong perception that this was the beginning of London (reflected in the nickname for Apsley House as "No 1, London") and the Arch was intended to reflect the importance o
Winchester Palace was a twelfth century palace, London residence of the Bishops of Winchester. It is located south of the River Thames in Southwark, near the medieval priory which today has become Southwark Cathedral. Southwark was the largest town in the old diocese of Winchester and the bishop was a major landowner in the area. He was also a power in the land (Winchester being the old Saxon capital), and regularly needed to be in London on royal or administrative state business. For that purpose, Henry of Blois built the palace as his comfortable and high-status Lon
The Gardens and Arboretum located in Essex, feature landscaped woodland walks and footpaths, with vistas across the lakes to the Millennium Walk and the 18th Century Walled Garden, recently remodelled to provide a stunning combination of contemporary and traditional landscaping and planting. The Visitor Centre offers a Tea room, Gift Shop and Plant Centre. A great location for a relaxing woodland walk or a day out with the family. Open 6 days a week throughout the Summer, including Bank Holidays